The client has undertaken an enterprise initiative to design, implement and deploy a Business Process Management (BPM) Center of Excellence Strategy across the organization. The BPM Center of Excellence will serve to support all US operations and lines of business (LOB) to develop business guidelines and governance strategies for the management of business processes in support of Cigna’s customer focused business model. Currently a task force/steering committee has been assembled to act as advisors to the CIO and stakeholders in the following areas:
- Program Management
- Automation – BPM Tools
- Knowledge Management SMEs
- Analytics / Reporting SMEs
- Process Excellence / Management
The client has requested a need for a Senior Business Process Management Consultant who will be part of a task force and act as an advisor to the CIO and other leadership team members for all process excellence related activities including the development of process full cycle design,documentation, execution, monitoring and optimization.
To provide to the US Service, Clinical & Specialty operations a highly effective & efficient operating framework. As the client further evolves their organization from a Holding Company to an Operating Company, they must
refine the Operating Effectiveness functions and its partnership with the Operations to insure optimal outcomes.
Some challenges and opportunities for improvement are:
- Clarification of duplicative roles across the organization.
- Reconciliation of overlapping functions (e.g.Policy and Procedures, Quality Assurance,Audit).
- Leverage resources with key skills more fully (e.g. Process Engineers, Project Managers,Business Architects and Analysts).
- Multi–year Programs (Informatics, Core Ops Roadmap and CODE runner) require these specialized resources – capacity, availability and deployment model are critical.
- Position functions to support the Enterprise.
Pactera provided a team consisting of one Sr.Business Process Management Consultant to serve as an advisor to the client’s IT and BPM leadership team. In addition, specific subject–matter expertise was provided for the client through other senior– level consultants in the Pactera Process Excellence solution area.
As part of Pactera’s Quality Assurance Program, Pactera provided an Engagement Manager that reviewed the project’s status on a weekly basis and review key project deliverables.
Results & Benefits
An integrated Operating Effectiveness Model for US Service, Clinical & Specialty Operations & Strategic Multi–Year Programs has been deployed and success metrics have been achieved.