Engagement at a Glance
As a super telecommunications company, once the fixed communications services partner of the 2008 Olympic Games, the client is well-known telecom operators.
- With the gradual deepening of informationalization, the scale and complexity of information system is rapidly increasing, which raises higher requirement for informationalization management work. The liability of informationalization migrates gradually to the customer-oriented, processdriven service management.
- Currently province-centralized information systems such as the new Nine Six, billing and accounting, ERP, community marketing, planning and construction are in rapid pace, so an IT monitoring and service management system for these province-centralized systems needs to be built to improve the efficiency of response to requirements from business sectors, improve their ability to support the business market, ensure quality of informationalization service and effectively share knowledge and experience.
- The client raises very high requirement on internal control, which shall follow the SOX Act standard. Internal control includes information systems development, implementation, modification, operation and maintenance. internal control requires institutionalized processes, standardized documents and valid evidence, all of which need the support from IT service management system.
A variety of IT resources, infrastructures and applications need to be managed and maintained by the IT department.
- Within IT operation and maintenance, the troubleshooting processes were not recorded by computer, service progress cannot be monitored, and the quality of service cannot be assessed.
- No knowledge base, similar problems still relied on individual maintenance personnel.
- IT service lacked standardized processes and rules®ulations.
- The management lacked understanding of the entire operation and maintenance, who cannot proactively prevent risk in the future.
- For Netcom’s needs, Pactera used ITIL best practices to evaluate and reconstruct IT service processes
- BMC “BSM framework” was selected as tool, i.e.Business Management, Service Management and Infrastructure Management
- BMC Service Impact Manager (built in BEM) was used to create Service Model, i.e. the model of relation between business and platform
- IT service management system and management processes were established
- Operating system, database, network, middleware, Lotus Domino, storage, IT application system on the IT infrastructure were monitored and managed, actively generating alarm for exceptions
- For alarm events in the service system, work orders were generated automatically
- Shared CMDB, IT service management system and monitoring system were seamlessly integrated
- Complete security control scheme and high scalability
- Established a suite of proactive system management for IT service
- Established comprehensive process control
- Established comprehensive monitoring system
- BMC Remedy AR Server, BMC Remedy Mid-Tier, BMC Remedy ITSM 7, BMC Patrol Central, BMC Patrol Reporting
- BMC Portal, BMC Impact Explorer Project Outcomes